"New Maritime Silk Road" Events, which is jointly launched by China Radio International (CRI), the Hainan Provincial Publicity Department and Hainan Broadcasting Group, is aimed at depicting natural scenery and social life of countries along the ancient trade and friendship route, as well as exploring the human spirit and culture.
As a major part of the events, "Discover The Beauty of Asia" opens in south China's Hainan Province in November 2013. We sincerely invite you to reveal the charming scenes and cultural diversity Asia has to offer through your lens. You can upload photos or videos via Tencent Weibo, Wechat, and Weishi to join the competition and win a free trip to Hainan Island.
Theme: Discover the Beauty of Asia
Participants should photograph natural scenery or culture of Asian countries along the "Maritime Silk Road" (China, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, the Philippines, Burma, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, India, Sri Lanka)
Competition Collection Period: November 2013 ĘC March 1, 2014
Evaluation: Award-winning works will be selected in March 2014 and will be publicized via Tencent Weibo, Wechat, as well as on own website and announced on the radio.
Exhibition: Award-winning pieces will be displayed during the "Boao Forum for Asia" (BFA) in Hainan in April 2014, as well as during tour exhibitions in Haikou and Sanya
Prize: Organizers will choose ten winners from the general public and ten from the media sector. The winning results will be announced on the radio and published on the Internet. The winners will be notified by telephone, Weibo or Wechat.
The prize for the ten winners from the general public: a seven-day all-paid tour of Hainan Island, including transportation and accommodations.
The prize for the ten winners from the media sector: a seven-day all-paid-for tour of Hainan Island, including transportation and accommodations. The winners will also be invited to take part in the "Discover the Beauty of Hainan" photograph competition.
1. Each participant must own the rights of his or her submitted work(s). For joint work, creators must participate together, or one of them must own the right to publish the submission independently in order to participate by himself or herself.
2. Any legal issues concerning the right of reputation, copyright and the right of portrait shall be addressed by the participants themselves, who shall also shoulder all relevant responsibilities.
3. It is known by default that the participant shall be the owner of the copyright of the works that he or she presents as an entry. The organizers shall be allowed to use the work free of charge in new reporting and promotion of this competition.
4. The organizers shall be entitled to require the participants to present the original files of their works. The participants shall keep the original positive and negative films or the original files of their digital works in order to be used for selection, exhibition, print and publication.
5. Works that break laws and regulations in relevant counties or are deemed as violating public order by the organizers will be disqualified from the competition.