About Us   Jobs   Contact Us      


 
Google  

Jolin Tsai, Elva Hsiao Deny Involvement in Nude Photo Scandal
    2008-02-27 15:25:25     Shanghai Daily
Related: Edison Chen Claims Copyright to Racy Photos

Two Taiwan female artists pledged to offer 25 million yuan (US$3.5 million) each to any one who can prove their involvement in the nude picture scandal that shows singer and actor Edison Chen in sexual poses with a dozen women in bed.

Jolin Tsai and Elva Hsiao, two singers who were rumored to have relationships with Chen, 27, both issued statements through their agent companies on Wednesday, saying any one who can come up with their pictures with Chen in bed can get the reward if courts prove the pictures are real, Sina.com.cn reported.

The nude picture scandal has shocked the world's Chinese-speaking community after more than 800 photographs have been circulated on the Internet since late January.

The pictures so far have embroiled seven female celebrities, including Gillian Chung of the female duo Twins and actress Cecilia Cheung.

Hong Kong police so far have found nearly 10,000 racy photos after they seized computer-related items and a laptop belonging to Chen last Friday, the report said.

Five more female celebrities were said to have been in the photographs, raising rumors that Tsai and Hsiao may be on the list, the report said.

"The rumors have hurt not only me, but my family and friends as well," Tsai said in her statement, stressing that she had nothing to do with the scandal.

The 28-year-old singer said her agent company will demand "unlimited" compensation if any media group reports Tsai's rumored connection with the scandal that "damages" her, the report said.

Hsiao also said she was never in a relationship with Chen and asked the public to stop "meaningless talk" about her role in the scandal, the report said.

Chen has already asked Hong Kong Customs to protect his copyright on the nude pictures and warned against any copyright infringement of the photographs.

The Canadian-born Chinese told more than 300 reporters at a news conference last Thursday that he decided to quit the Hong Kong entertainment industry after he finishes current projects. He also said he was "sorry to the women and their families" involved in the scandal and hoped he could receive "the public's forgiveness" and "a new chance."

By Lydia Chen

 
Share

                  
Recommend


CRIENGLISH.com claims the copyright of all material and information produced originally by our staff.

CRIENGLISH.com holds neither liability nor responsibility for materials attributed to any other source. Such information is provided as reportage and dissemination of information but does not necessarily reflect the opinion of or endorsement by CRI.

Also on our site
China | World
• Russian Natural Gas Supplies to Balkans Halted
• Three Israeli Soldiers Killed in Friendly Fire in Gaza
• Polanski's Lawyers Seek to Have Sex Case Dismissed
• Foreign Journalists still Not Allowed into Gaza
• US VP-elect Joe Biden to Visit Pakistan
• China Curbs Overseas Trips on Public Expense
Business | Sports | SciTech
• China Issues Long-awaited 3G Licenses
• Wahaha, Danone Start Trademark Arbitration
• GM Reports 31 Percent Sales Decline in U.S. Market
• Call for More Overseas Talents
• Bulgarian Figure Skating Champion Sentenced to 2.5 Years in Prison
• China's Mission to Mars Set for Take-off
Life | Showbiz
• A Seemingly Endless Scandal
• Asian Art Top Show Kicks off in Beijing
• Behind-the-Scene Photos of "Look for a Star"
• Universal Pictures Movies Set New B.O. Record in 2008
• Tan Dun's Deep Pool of talent
• Top 10 Shows in 2008 
Webcast  
• China Drive, Afternoon, 2009-01-07
• China Drive, Afternoon, 2009-01-06
• China Drive, Morning, 2009-01-06
• Official Property Declaration System
• India handed over evidence of Mumbai attacks to Pakistan
• EU delegation holds talks to push for a cease-fire in Gaza
• Mubarak Meets with EU Troika on Gaza Situation
• Bush says any Gaza ceasefire must stop Hamas rocket fire
 
View the Messages